I love comments, I mean I really love them! But let’s face it, sometimes you have to moderate or delete. I want to talk a little bit about what my comments policy is and where I draw my lines.
EDITING, DELETING & BANNING
Generally, I don’t edit. I let people say what they feel and my only job is to approve and reply to the comments as they come at me. That being said, this is my blog and there are things I wont tolerate. Here’s what will get your comment edited, deleted or your EN privileges revoked:
- Telling me how to run my blog. This is mostly just annoying. If you don’t like something I’ve posted, you’re absolutely free to disagree or to just ignore it. If you tell me I better do it differently, though, I think you’re better off finding a different blog to comment on.
- Abuse. Seriously, do not use abusive tones with me or others. I have social anxiety issues and it’s not something that I handle well. If you disagree with something I’ve said, feel free to make your case. If you feel like you should be able to abuse me because of that disagreement, though, you’re wrong. No if’s, and’s or but’s. You are wrong. And you’ll get one warning before your IP is banned. There’s nothing wrong with agreeing to disagree or having different viewpoints. It isn’t something to get angry over.
- Threats or Threatening language. If you threaten me or anyone in the comments, you’re gone. The end, do not pass GO.
- Gore & Cruelty. Posting gore, including the gross stuff you sometimes see on Facebook, is not permitted here. Nothing illegal or disgusting, nothing harmful or horrible. You won’t just be banned, you’ll be reported to the authorities.
- Racism, Fatphobic language and other hate speech. This is going to get you edited and warned, a second time will get you banned. Just no.
- Solicitation, spam and spammy links. Just don’t do it, I’m going to spam you and delete the comment.
SUBJECTS & LANGUAGE
I’m usually pretty cool about this. Swearing’s fine, talk like you talk, it’s all good. Derailing comment sections is fine as long as everyone’s having fun! I reserve the right to step in if things get to heated, though. Let’s keep it safe and light. 🙂
REPLIES & COMMENTING BACK
I reply to all my comments if I can manage it. If I missed you, I’m sorry it was an accident! I also try to return comments to anyone with a blog who’s commented.
Well, that’s it for now. I reserve the right to change this policy (and all policies on this website) with or without notice, any time I feel the need.